Aug 16, 2018
Do we shut up the kingdom of God to the general population?
Jesus never did that. He rebuked the religious rulers, but
welcomed in the most ordinary people and those who the religious
rulers thought were the worst of sinners.
When we protest by holding up our Christian signs, the majority
of people don't get it.
They don't know what we're talking about.
They think we're being religious snobs and hypocrites, and that
we're shutting up the kingdom of God to them and that we hate
The majority of the church isn't like that.
The majority of the church loves sinners and recognizes that but
for the grace of God they're lost!
Do You Really Know Who You Are in Jesus Christ?
Show Notes For This Foundational Podcast:
- Philippians 3:1-8
- God was uniting the church together
- God is opening up the kingdom wide
- Beware of those who make man-made rules for salvation
You do have to be born again, but it's not by pedigree! Not
everyone will gets in.
- John 14:15-20
- Jesus is taking our relationship to an even greater level and
made it even more shocking
- It doesn't center around the temple
- You are going to become the temple of God
- John 15:15
- Jesus takes it even deeper
- You're not only a temple of God, you're a friend of God.
- In the Greek grammar, it places them in a position of greater
- It is a relationship with God that is like an acquaintance, or
good friends, but a friendship where you share life together.
- Ephesians 1:3-6
- We are not only a friend, but an adopted son and daughter of
- This is so much better than being religious!
Do you really know who you are in Jesus Christ?
- Or you can live everyday in the manifest presence of God
- Because you've accepted Jesus Christ, you can live from glory
- Even when you live in the real world, with trials and
struggles, God's presence with you
- 2 Corinthians 3:18
How do we walk in this on a daily basis?
- Jesus put a condition on this
- If you love me keep my commandments
- You are my friends if you do what I say
- This is how we know Him, if we keep His commandments
- But here's the difference
- In the Old Testament, it was keeping the commandments to be
- In Jesus Christ, we keep the commandments because
we are righteous - our
righteousness comes from Jesus
If you enjoyed this
podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the
Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and
podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge
journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my
Grow in your relationship with Christ with these discipleship
For more blog posts like this:
3 Ways to Stand Alone in a Wicked Generation
Live in the Kingdom
Live Like a Royal Child of God
the Kingdom of God Work?
Principles of Tithing
What is the Culture of the Kingdom of Heaven
Ways to Walk in Kingdom Authority
to Walk With God Everyday